Thursday, November 6, 2014

Pain in the Butt-Back, But Onward

This exercise may strain groin.
There's been improvement on the rehabilitation front, although it's been a bumpy road:
  • Since my last post three weeks ago, I've spent half that time on vacation, including two full days in airplanes or loading lounges--
  • So, slack adherence to the original therapy regimen,
  • And not even so much with the usual morning exercises.
  • Still, at this week's visit with my physical therapist, I got a thumbs up, along with some new exercises.
  • I've been keeping to my schedule much better since then,
  • And overall I'm feeling pretty confident in the improved pain-free level.
Which brings us to the Twinges and Tweaks part of this post:
  • Hiking near the Blue Ridge Parkway caused me to revisit an ache around my kneecap.
  • This pain was exacerbated by many hours cramped in my coach window seat (even if my seatmate was carrying a really cute Golden Retriever puppy).
  • At the PT's, as I was rehearsing one of the new exercises, I must have strained something in the groin region.
  • I laid off that particular lunge for a few days, and recovered nicely, but a few days later,
  • After 20 minutes hunching over the coffee table cursing my inability to connect Apple TV, I stood up to find what we call my butt-back--right side--en fuego with pain.
  • For 3 days I couldn't stand up straight without feeling a knife stab.
  • I religiously Aced, iced, heated and ibuprofened, and the pain is now almost gone.
  • That butt-back has been a common site for discomfort since I reached my middle years.
  • I attribute its weakness to severely breaking my femur many years ago when I crashed head first going down a steep hill on my bike...
  • Now--just this morning--I woke up with a sore neck; I must have slept on it twisted last night.
There's always something, but--

Onward!

No comments:

Post a Comment